Trying new things...

>> Friday, January 1, 2010


One of my New Year resolutions (besides the usual one regarding healthy eating, weight reducing and activity increasing... lol) is to get over my fear of trying my hand at new things. Than includes working with stamps, coloring them with watercolors or my Copics, and learning the awesome braying techniques of Michelle Zindorf's of Freedom in Creating. So last night, after finishing 5 cards, I took a Manila tag, and did a Wrinkle Free Distressed look on the front of it (Sherry Cheever's tutorial). On the back I've tried my hand at brayering (check out any of Michelle's tutorials).

It turned out OK, especially the watercolored rose - but I am a far ways to go before reaching an intermediate level. However, in the process of learning all these neat things I've realized that I need to spend some serious money to get the necessary ink pads & reinkers... LOL

Well, fresh coffee is waiting for me, as it will be another long night :)

1 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton January 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Happy New Year! I LOVE how those tags look. Keep it up - and I'll need to get some from you. :)
Take care, Theresa


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP