Doctor's visit...

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

Yesterday I went to see a doctor in regards to my back pain - finally! Well, the initial visit was with a nurse practitioner, who took down the details of my fall two months ago, level of pain I am in, what I've been doing to correct the problem, and so forth... I had an Xray done and she showed me what she called bone spurs on three of my vertebrae - resulting from a degenerative disc disease. I have been taught to do some new stretching exercises, this time with moist heat applied on my back. Also, I've got a prescription for two meds, Flexeril & Mobic, to take instead of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Flexeril is a muscle relaxant (take three times a day) and Mobic is an anti-inflammatory, usually used for arthritic pain (take one pill daily). I took the Flexeril when I got home, and I was still groggy by the time I had to get ready for work... I have not been able to stay awake and aware for more than two hours since 10pm last night.

I'll see how I do the rest of the weekend, before calling the doctor's office for advice...

1 comments:

Unknown March 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Ankhs, I really worry about your back. I hope the new medication helps you. I now take Proxicam for arthritis pain and it helps but I don't take it continuously. I hope your weekend is good, my friend.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP