Off to the doctor I go!

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I was so glad to return to work last Monday! However, I have overestimated myself and underestimated the damage the steel grids will cause me. Needless to say, at the end of the week I could hardly walk on my right knee - unless I hold on to something.

I thought that by this Monday (and two days of rest...) I'll be good to go, and was seriously planning to be far kinder to my body. At least until I got used to walk for 8 straight hours on the grids. Well, my body refused to cooperate and I got sent to the company Doctor, which decided that I am to be on a medical leave this week. He also set me up with an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. As far as he can say without X-Rays or MRI, is that all the pain is caused by a possible arthritic knee - worsened by 8 months of inactivity and weight gain... Well, duh - I did not need to pay a $20 co-pay to know that inactivity and extra pounds have a major say in what is going on with my knee...

Anyway... Tomorrow I will have either X-Rays or MRI to see the damage on my knee; I might need to have a steroid shot to reduce the inflamation. At this point, I am on an unpaid FMLA (unpaid because due to the furlough, I do not have the 1250hrs worked to get a paid FMLA). Plus, the hours I am missing will count against me, attendance-wise. Oh, the joy... Hopefully, they can patch me up and send me off to work :)

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP